All Councillors, including Mayor and Deputy Mayor, are elected by the community every four years. Click on each councillor’s name below to see their full personal profiles.
A council is elected to provide leadership for the good governance of the municipality. It must consider the community's diverse needs in its decision-making, setting and monitoring strategic objectives and ensure resources are managed sustainably and responsibly. A key objective of a council is to work towards achieving the best outcomes for the local community whilst considering the long-term and cumulative effects of decisions.
Several related documents are linked at the end of this page, including the Councillors’ Code of Conduct.
- Telephone0490 282 095
- ProfileGiovanna Simpson was first elected at the 2018 election. Her priority is to continue promoting our city by working with the people of Burnie.
- Telephone0419 595 033
- ProfileCouncillor Dorsey was elected to Council for the second time in 2018. He is passionate about making change that will move Burnie forward with direction and purpose.
- Telephone0491 051 544
- ProfileCouncillor Justin Grave (Gravy) was elected to Council in 2022. Justin lives in Heybridge and is the Director of Flex Realty.
- Telephone0438 168 258
- ProfileCouncillor Keygan was elected to Council for the second time in 2018. She is passionate about providing better roads, parks and services, while lowering rates.
- Telephone0407 361 303
- ProfileSteve Kons was elected to Council for the fourth time in 2022. He is passionate about promoting the city he has lived in for 30+ years.
- Telephone0419 537 697
- ProfileCouncillor Lynch was elected to Council for the second time in 2018 and is passionate about helping community and sporting groups as well as school organisations in the Burnie area.
- Telephone0417 330 329
- ProfileCouncillor David Pease was elected in 2018. David lives in Burnie and is General Manager of his 94-year-old family business A.H. Pease Shoe Stores.