Community organisations may request a discount off the standard functions and performing arts venue hire fee for both the Burnie Arts & Function Centre, in accordance with the Community Assistance Policy.
Where the event is one that secures funding through the community grants program, costs will not be discounted, and the costs must be included in full in the grant application for funding
1. The venue discount shall apply to:
- Clubs and community organisations either located in Burnie or which have substantial membership from Burnie residents, and which offer benefits to the people of Burnie (Note that Financial Assistance may be made to Regional/District organisations for distribution to sub or local branches where this situation applies); or
- Not-for-profit community organisations providing a public benefit to the Burnie community; or
- Educational functions primarily involve students from the Burnie region, endorsed by the Department of Education or the Principal of an independent school.
2. Council may provide a discount on equipment hire at the discretion of the Executive Manager Burnie Arts & Function Centre.
3. Any direct additional costs, such as technical staff costs will not be discounted.