Tasmanian Strategic Touring Fund - Expression of Interest
Published on 28 April 2023
Pitching Session – Seeking Expressions of Interest
In May 2023, the Tasmanian Performing Arts Centres will hold pitching sessions in Hobart and Launceston for artists and companies seeking support through the Strategic Touring Fund for activities from 1 July 2023 to 31 December 2024.
About the Strategic Touring Fund
The Strategic Touring Fund (STF) is a two-year strategic initiative, operating from 1 January 2023 to 31 December 2024. Managed by Tasmanian Performing Arts Centres (TPAC), the fund supports professional Tasmanian artists and organisations to:
• Improve access to performing arts across Tasmania
• Develop a sustainable touring network
• Contribute to sector resilience
The Fund will contribute to touring costs, public engagement programs and professional sector development initiatives that support touring and audience development.
Tasmanian Performing Arts Centres
The Tasmanian Performing Arts Centres (TPAC) is a consortium of four main city venues throughout the state, comprising: Burnie Arts & Function Centre, paranaple arts centre, Theatre North and the Theatre Royal.
Eligible projects and costs
The Fund supports some of the costs involved in touring productions, delivering public engagement and professional development programs. Projects must be made in Tasmania or engage Tasmanian creative leads and be presented or co-presented by TPAC members in at least two regions.
• Professional performing arts productions – professional being determined as a fully waged company, or verifiable equity share agreement.
• Public engagement programs – such as community workshops or consultation, aimed at developing awareness, audience appreciation and growth.
• Professional development programs - that support tour development in Tasmania, or tour market development opportunities for Tasmanian projects.
Projects must be:
1. Made in Tasmania or engage Tasmanian creative leads
2. Presented in at least two regions, defined as:
• Northwest – represented by paranaple arts centre and Burnie Arts
• North – represented by Theatre North
• South – represented by the Theatre Royal
About the Expression of Interest
Artists and companies are invited to submit an expression of interest for a pitching session for any eligible project – a tour, public engagement or professional development activity.
We’re keen to hear about projects or ideas at all stages, whether it’s something already in the pipeline, or a new idea that you would like to develop in partnership with TPAC venues.
Your expression of interest should be brief, outlining the idea or project and how it will meet the objectives of the Fund. If selected, you will be notified by 9 June and invited to present the proposal in more detail at a pitching session on either Thursday 22 June in Launceston, or Friday 23 June in Hobart.
👀 Interested 👀
You can download the Pitching Session - Expression of Interest
or email your local Tasmanian Performing Arts Centre (TPAC) - by clicking on the link below - and ask for more information regarding the submission process
Northwest - Paranaple arts centre and Burnie Arts
Proposals should be submitted by 5pm, 26 May 2023.
Please email your Pitching Session - Expression of Interest to firstname.lastname@example.org