Burnie Arts supports the new Tasmanian Strategic Touring Fund
Published on 18 November 2022
The Strategic Touring Fund (STF) is a two-year strategic initiative, operating from 2023 to 2024. Managed by Tasmanian Performing Arts Centres (TPAC), the fund supports professional Tasmanian artists and organisations to:
• Improve access to performing arts across Tasmania
• Develop a sustainable touring network
• Contribute to sector resilience
The Fund will contribute to touring costs, public engagement programs and professional sector development initiatives that support touring and audience development.
Tasmanian Performing Arts Centres
The Tasmanian Performing Arts Centres (TPAC) is a consortium of four main city venues throughout the state, comprising: Burnie Arts & Function Centre, paranaple arts centre, Theatre North and the Theatre Royal.
Projects must be nominated or supported by a TPAC venue partner. Interested applicants should discuss proposals with their local TPAC venue to obtain more information about the program, eligibility and submission process.
• Professional performing arts productions – professional being determined as a fully waged company, or verifiable equity share agreement.
• Public engagement programs – such as community workshops or consultation, aimed at developing awareness, audience appreciation and growth.
• Professional development programs - that support tour development in Tasmania, or tour market development opportunities for Tasmanian projects.
Projects must be:
1. Made in Tasmania or engage Tasmanian creative leads
2. Presented in at least two regions, defined as:
• Northwest – represented by paranaple arts centre and Burnie Arts
• North – represented by Theatre North
• South – represented by the Theatre Royal
👀 Interested 👀
You can email your local Tasmanian Performing Arts Centre (TPAC) by clicking on the link below and ask for more information regarding the submission process
Northwest - Paranaple arts centre and Burnie Arts